According to UOL Jogos, Raspberry Pi has been used by local salesmen to flash a PS4 image with 10 games, for between R$ 300 to R$ 400 (about $100 to $150 or €88 to €132) .
The process has been tried to be replicated, and are alledged cases of success, but should brick on 2.51 OFW:
Cfwprophet’s explanation seems to confirm the technique. He however says that attempting this on the latest PS4 firmware (2.51) will brick your console:
- Buy a PSN Game on Master Console and download it
- Connect Slave Console to PSN, create Account from Master Console, activate Slave Console and download the game
- Dump the NOR Flash of Slave Console with Tools like Teensy++ or the Pi (let us call that dump from now on ActivatedDMP)
- Boot Slave Console, Connect to PSN and Deactivate the Console
- Write the ActivatedDMP back to the NOR of Slave Console
- Profit, the Process can now be repeated on any other PS4 without reaching the “three consoles max” official PSN Game Share limit.
Sony has already sent a cease and desist letter.
Source 1, source 2 (image)
Edit: seems like the process isn't new ( http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/JAISPI ).
Discuss in Forums (47)